Garden of the Eltzerhof, Eltville
The Eltzer Hof extends from the Rosenstrasse to the Martins- and Leergasse. The main building, which was built until 1580, is considered the heart of the building. It was added directly to the city wall in the transitional style from late Gothic to Renaissance. In 1744 the building was redesigned in baroque style. The ensemble includes the Kavaliershaus from the second half of the 17th century, the Kutscherhaus from 1660, two Mainz monastery buildings, farm buildings, a large garden and a cellar system. The Counts of Eltz, whose ancestral castle is Eltz Castle on the Moselle, took over the aristocratic estate in 1629 and in 1753 incorporated the Martin Tower into the estate.