Gutsausschank im Baiken, Hessische Staatsweingüter, Domäne Rauenthal, Eltville am Rhein
The venerable wine-growing district of Rauenthal is first mentioned in the records back in 1293. The village and the vineyards are located on the southern slopes of the Taunus Hills. It is here, particularly in hot, dry years, that the Rheingau’s most exquisite wines are grown. Rauenthal is in the midst of these vineyards, surrounded by evocative names like Baiken, Gehrn, and Wülfen. The manor house was built in 1928, and expanded in the 1950s. This vineyard produces distinctively elegant, flowery wines, excelling in terms of exceptional fruitiness and a characteristically exquisite subtlety.
- The parking spaces are located below the winery and are signposted. A shuttle bus is provided to take concert-goers to the winery.
- Visitors to the concerts should allow sufficient time for their journey, and wear sturdy shoes, since several minutes walking may prove necessary.
- Take A66 / B42 in direction Wiesbaden
- Take exit Eltville am Rhein
- Turn right into Hauptstraße
- Take the third exit on K642
- Turn right into Wiesweg
- Trains stop at "Bahnhof Eltville am Rhein".
- You can take the bus route 173 direction Schlangenbad. Stop: "Wiesweg".
- From there you can reach the "Domäne Rauenthal" by foot in 20 minutes.