Katholische Kirche Mariae Himmelfahrt, Hallgarten
The church was built in various phases of construction, showing Romanesque, Gothic, Baroque and neo-Gothic elements. The oldest parts, such as the defensive square tower and parts of the north wall, date back to the 12th century and originally belonged to a small Romanesque complex. Over the centuries, the church has been rebuilt and expanded. Between 1330 and 1338 the church was given its own priest for the first time. The remains of the Baroque furnishings and the neo-gothic altars were destroyed by the over-zealousness of the pastor. All the more impressive are the remaining sacred furnishings. Above all, of course, the devotional image - the Hallgartener Schrötermadonna.
From the Rhine-Main area:
- A66 / B42 direction Rüdesheim am Rhein
- exit Oestrich-Winkel
- At the Roundabout take the second exit in the direction of Rheinstraße
- turn left to K634
- turn right to "Rebhangstraße"
- turn left to "Adam-von-Itzstein-Straße"
- turn left to "Pfarrgasse"
- At the second crossroad turn left onto Eberbacher Straße
- Turn right at An der Hochstätt