Logo

Marktkirche, Wiesbaden

Description

Built in 1852, the Market Church is the city’s highest building at 303 feet. It was designed by Karl Boos as a neo-Gothic, triple-nave basilica, and was the first exclusively brick building in the Duchy of Nassau. With its abundance of turrets and windows, it is an exceptionally attractive sight, not only from outside. Inside it, too, there are many lovingly crafted details, like a star-studded sky in the vault, numerous galleries in the interior, or a carillon.

Parking

  • The parking garage "Markt" is located in the immediate vicinity of the Marktkirche.

Station

  • bus stop: Dern´sches Gelände, Wiesbaden
  • bus line: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 45, 46, 47, 48, 262, E, N10, N11, N12, N13, N2, N3, N4, N5, N9, X26