After the congregations representatives had decided to build a new church in 1899, just one month later Kaiser Wilhelm II approved the project and graciously donated to the congregation a free plot of land for this purpose. On 1 April 1902, the first sod was turned and on 5 October 1902 the foundation stone was laid. The vicar, Dr. D. Gerbert, read out to a large audience the document concerned, signed by more than 60 people and placed it in a metal casket, together with coins and issues of the Tagespost newspaper, before putting it inside the foundation stone where they all remain to this present day.
Finally, on 15 May 1905, the church was consecrated. It survived the 1st World War almost unscathed. This period is commemorated by the war memorial to the fallen in the church’s anteroom. The 2nd World War, by contrast, wreaked very substantial damage: in 1944, 3 of the 4 bells were removed. In the night from 2 to 3 February 1944, the most devastating raid on Biebrich took place, in which besides many homes the customs office, the east wing and the Oranier church were almost completely destroyed. But on 21 July 1946 the remedial work began, in which many members of the congregation lent a hand. On 12 March 1950, the church was once again consecrated. It was renovated from January to May 1973 and since 1997 its façade has been comprehensively refurbished.
- Parking is bad to find. It is recommended to take the Rheingaustraße to the Lutherstraße or Wilhelm Kalle-Straße and to park there or in the Adolf-Todt-Straße. Furthermore there are parking slots along the Palace Park.
- Take A66 / B42 in direction Wiesbaden
- Take exit Mainzer Straße in direction Wiesbaden-Biebrich
- Take the first exit in the roundabout
- Continue on Breslauer Straße
- Take the second exit in the roundabout
- At the next roundabout take the first exit
- Turn right into Lutherstraße
From Wiesbaden Cental Station:
- Bus Lines 3, 4 and 9 will take you to bus stop Wilhelm-Kopp-Straße, which is directly round the corner of the church.
- Bus Line 14 will take you to bus stop Adolf-Todt-Straße