Pfarrkirche Heilig Kreuz „Rheingauer Dom“, Geisenheim

© Ansgar Klostermann


The Church of the Holy Cross is the parish church of the Catholic congregation in Geisenheim. 1146 sees the first recorded mention of a church in Geisenheim, with the late-Gothic choir and vestry built from 1510 to 1512, and initially 3 bays of the triple-nave building during 1517 and 1518. The almost square hall church was extended in the years 1837 to 1839 by the architect Philipp Hoffmann to include two vaulted bays and was delimited in the west a Neo-Gothic facade featuring a rose window, and two towers, each 46 m high. The interior, moreover, contains numerous contributions from disparate epochs.


  • There are only a few parking slots available around the Rheingau Cathedral
  • You will find further parking spaces at the Rhine


  • Take A66 / B42 in direction Rüdesheim
  • Take exit Geisenheim
  • Stay to the right in the direction of Chauvignystraße
  • Turn left into Chauvignystraße
  • Turn right into Schmittstraße
  • Turn left into Weberstraße
  • Turn right into Bischof-Blum-Platz


  • Bus line 171 and 183 - bus stop Geisenheim Bahnhof