Schloss Johannisberg, Geisenheim-Johannisberg - Fürst-von-Metternich-Saal
Every year, the Prince-von-Metternich Hall at Johannisberg Palace resounds to the strains of exquisite chamber music. With its capacity of approximately 600 seats, each member of the audience is nonetheless guaranteed the close proximity that chamber’s music’s intimate nature demands. This, together with the palace’s stunning grounds, is why numerous top-ranking performers from all over the world return every year to the Johannisberg. The palace’s elevated location on the summit of the vineyard-girdled hill high above the Rhine valley had long ago inspired Heine and Goethe to paeans of praise.
- There is only an extremely limited number of parking slots on the grounds of the palace itself.
- This means that some guests may have to walk for several minutes, which is why we recommend allowing sufficient time for your journey.
- There is no special shuttle service for the chamber music concerts in the Fürst-von-Metternich-Saal at Schloss Johannisberg!
From the Rhine-Main area:
- A66 / B42 follow the signs to Rüdesheim am Rhein
- At B42 take exit Winkel ("Schloss Vollrads / Brentano Haus")
- Turn right and follow the sign Johannisberg
- Follow the bending main road to the left in direction Johannisberg
- At the village of Johannisberg follow the signs to "Schloss Johannisberg"
- Bus line 181 and 183 - bus stop Geisenheim-Johannisberg, Friedhof
- The palace’s restaurant, with the sun terrace and the summer garden, treats its guests every day (open all week) to the Rheingau’s gourmet delights, ranging from exquisitely elegant to satisfyingly solid.
Gutsschänke Schloss Johannisberg: