Schloss Vollrads, Oestrich-Winkel - Schlosshof and Schlossgarten
Perhaps the most beautiful castle complex of the Rheingau presents the Baroque Schloss Vollrads. The garden with its imposing castle tower, on which an idyllic pond is nestled, is a predestined stage for summer concerts in the open air. The name of the castle probably comes from the knight Volradus von Winkel (1218 mentioned). The oldest and most prominent part of the complex is the massive tower, which can only be reached via a bridge. It was built and inhabited in 1330 by the imperial lords of Greiffenclau. In the 17th and 18th centuries, his descendants built the mansion and farm buildings. Members of the family von Greiffenclau were archbishops and electors of Mainz and Trier as well as prince-bishops of Würzburg.
- There is only an extremely limited number of parking slots on the grounds of the palace itself.
- As soon as these are occupied, our parking service will divert arriving cars to the parking options in the surrounding vineyards.
- Visitors to the concerts should allow sufficient time for their journey, and wear sturdy shoes, since several minutes’ walking may prove necessary.
- For the events held on Schloss Vollrads, special buses will run from Wiesbaden, which visitors can use by presenting their concert tickets.
- The buses stop immediately in front of the palace.
- Departures are 70 and 60 minutes before the concert begins, at Wiesbaden Central Station (Bus Platform D), though you can also board the bus at the Platz der Deutschen Einheit (Platform B) and at the Kahlemühle P+R car park (Wiesbaden-Dotzheim).
- You will reach the Kahlemühle P+R car park when you take the Wiesbaden-Schierstein exit from the A66 towards Wiesbaden and then the first exit, which is "Wiesbaden-Dotzheim". You come to some traffic lights, and directly opposite you will see the car park under the bridge piers. If you’re coming from Wiesbaden, drive out of the city towards the A66, Schierstein entrance. But don’t drive onto the Dotzheimer Bridge, follow the sign to Dotzheim, and on your left you will immediately see the car park under the piers of the bridge.
- The buses will return after the events.
Arriving from the Rhine-Main area:
- At B 42 take the exit Winkel in direction "Schloss Vollrads / Brentano Haus"
- Turn right into Johannisberg
- Follow the bending main road to the left into Johannisberg ("Schloss Vollrads")
- At the end of the village, turn right and follow the signs to "SchlossVollrads"
- Bus line 181 - bus stop Oestrich-Winkel, Tokajer Straße
- Please note, that animals may not be brought into any event of the Rheingau Musik Festival (this includes outdoor events).
- The Gutsrestaurant treats its guests fresh-each-day meals prepared to perfection. Home-style food of exquisite quality cooking combines with the palace’s own Riesling wines to create a sublime harmony of gourmet cooking and oenological delights. The picturesque surroundings, either in the Kavaliershaus, in the Orangery or on the terrace, help to transform a visit here into an enchantingly magical experience.
- From November to March: Thursday to Monday Mon 12.00 p.m. – 09.30 p.m.
- Thursday and Wednesday is a day of rest
- From April to October: Thursday to Tuesday 12.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m. (cuisine until 4 p.m.)
- Wednesday is a day of rest