Weingut J. Neus, Ingelheim am Rhein
NEUS - that means long-lasting Pinot Noir, the best Ingelheim sites and red wine tradition since 1881. 8 hectares of VDP vineyards in the stately estate are a symbol of the proud history of the red wine town, yet only recently have they completely repositioned themselves.
In 2013, the Schmitz family of entrepreneurs from Mainz took over the tradition-rich winery with the aim of making it one of the top German Pinot Noir wineries.
Gentle, sustainable care of the vineyards is a prerequisite for the production of the velvety red wines, which are matured exclusively in wooden barrels and account for 80% of the vineyard area. White wines such as Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling or Silvaner are finely fruity. A large selection of sparkling wines, produced according to the traditional method of bottle fermentation "hand-rubbed", complete the range. Tradition in the form of classically matured Pinot Noir, but also the courage to try something new and an unrestricted demand for quality are the philosophy of the family and the entire management.
Many old vines, the chalky soils and a treasure of well-kept barrels in the largest vaulted cellar in Rheinhessen are the potential with which this project is to be realised. The charming, Mediterranean-style inner courtyard, the Villa NEUS and the associated park are the setting for many beautiful events.
- Parking garage Neue Mitte
- Parking garage Gartenfeldstraße
- Parking garage at the train station
- You will find further parking spaces in the adjacent streets around the winery.
- A60 direction Trier/Koblenz/Bingen
- Exit Ingelheim East
- Turn left onto K18/L422
- Turn right to stay on L422
- Continue on Turnierstraße
- At traffic circle first exit
- At traffic circle second exit (Römerstraße)
- At traffic circle first exit (Konrad-Adenauer-Straße)
- At traffic circle second exit (Bahnhofstraße)
- From Mainz: RE 4260 direction Koblenz Hbf - Train station: Ingelheim Bahnhof
- From Ingelheim train station: bus line 75 direction Mainz Hauptbahnhof - bus stop: Ober-Ingelheim Taunusstr./WBZ, Ingelheim am Rhein.
- that information about the course of the event and the gastronomic offer will be communicated continuously on all channels of the festival.